With an affogato (Italian for "drowned") there's no need to choose between coffee and dessert after dinner. This Italian ice cream treat, topped with espresso, is incredibly easy to make.
You will need:
1. 4 ounces vanilla/walnut/chocolate ice cream
2. Doppio espresso or triple espresso
3. Cinnamon powder
4. Additional but not essential: 2 fl oz. Bailey's liqueur, tequila, amaretto, cognac or rum.
1. Place 4 ounces ice cream in a large cappuccino cup.
2. Slowly pour it with hot doppio or triple. Top it with some cinnamon powder.
3. Serve immediately, with dessert spoons, until it starts to melt.
4. If you want to make it with alcohol, then add 2 oz of any of the listed alcohol into doppio.
While espresso is the very foundation of this interesting dessert, ice cream can vary and it also creates a great combination with different types of alcohol: vanilla - with Bailey's liqueur, walnut - with Amaretto, chocolate - with cognac or rum.