We are starting a new feature -- the "Dessert Wednesday"! Every Wednesday, you will see a cool one-bowl dessert recipe for the oven.
We will start this feature with the very classic creme brulee, which is very tasty and really easy to make!
You will need:
1. 375 ml of whipping cream (~35%)
2. 4 egg yolks
3. 60 ml of granulated sugar
4. 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
5. 5 teaspoons of granulated sugar (for caramelizing)
1. Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
2. Heat cream in a saucepan over medium-high heat until small bubbles form around the edge of the pan.
3. Whisk egg yolks and a 1/4 (60 ml) cup of sugar until thick and lemon-colored.
4. When the cream is hot, gradually whisk into egg yolk mixture. Add vanilla extract.
5. Pour mixture through a sieve into bowls in which you are going to cook creme brulee. Place the bowls into a baking dish.
6. Pour very hot water into a baking dish to reach halfway up bowls. Carefully place the baking dish in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes.
7. Carefully remove bowls from water. Cool them, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours and up to 2 days.
8. When ready to serve, top each custard with a teaspoon of sugar. Place bowls in a broiler 2 to 3 inches from heat source. Turn on the broiler. Cook until sugar melts and browns, about 5 minutes. Serve within two hours, add some berries on top.
We are attaching a photo of this classic dessert in our beautiful oven-safe bowl.